Sunday, March 21, 2010

Day 4 - Sunday at Yacht Club

Day 4 – Sunday

Kara was finally off to her conference (Wimba) held at the Yacht Club Convention Center, so I had a free, non-park, alone day all to myself! I NEVER have this at Disney.

I finally got up and decided to do something I always wanted to do! I grabbed my iPod and had a cool & overcast walk/jog to Hollywood Studios and then around Crescent Lake past the Boardwalk and Beach Club Resorts! It was forecast to rain and started as I was between Boardwalk & Beach Club, but I didn’t care! Amazingly, this took only 30 min! In for a shower, made a sandwich, and headed over to Beach Club Villas to find a quiet spot for lunch.

Kara got a break for lunch, so I came back to Yacht Club. She grabbed lunch at Hurricane Hannah’s next to the pool and we grabbed a seat in the Beach Club solarium for a calm lunch. We meandered through the Beach Club Marketplace, where I usually spend my life savings, but alas, there was nothing I wanted because there was nothing new I like or that I didn’t already have. We checked out the Crew Lounge as a possible dinner spot and then a few minutes back at the room.

Kara headed back to her conference, when the rain started in earnest. As there were no movies on at the theatre that I wanted to see, I’m still not sleeping well, and a Harry Potter marathon was on, I settled in for an impromptu two hour nap! LOL!

By this time, Kara was back and we headed down for dinner at the Lounge, which serves a limited menu from Yachtsman Steakhouse. We started with sourdough & onion breads – yum! Kara had another Filet Mignon with mashed potatoes, while I had a chicken Caesar salad. For dessert, I had yet another lovely crème brulee! YAY! I’ve stayed next door at the Beach Club Villas many times, but this was the first time I’d dined here. I’ve so missed out! So close to all that crème brulee that I’ve missed all of those other times!

On the way back to the room we stopped at the hotel shop to pick up our SEVEN bags of purchases – lol! It’s still cool and raining, and as Kara has another full conference day, we’ve settled in for – you guessed it – more Harry Potter! HAHA!!

P.S. Maybe Kara can add some photos during her sessions tomorrow!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you guys are having a WONDERFUL time - and you do know your Disney :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today I am not dizzy from the rides, but very, very full from the dinners/desserts you are feasting on!!!! YUMMMMY! What fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG I just LOVE reading about your adventures!!! Keep writing Gayle!!! :) Pam :)

    ReplyDelete