Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day 3 - Day at Sea

SORRY - PHOTOS WON'T BE AVAILABLE UNTIL APRIL! DON'T ASK!

Gayle – Our day was so exciting (ha!) I didn’t get to write this until Tues. This is also the point we discovered Verizon set us up for International CALLING, instead of the International DATA plan, which is why we couldn’t post updated during the trip.

Continuing from Sunday night… we went to the Diversions Sports Lounge to watch the game. Sadly, it was too cold for us to view it on the outdoor jumbo screen. Let’s just say the Colts fans were certainly the minority in this crowd. And yes, I publicly did a booty dance when the Colts scored their first TD.

We had to leave for dinner at halftime. However, we were in shock Sunday night when returning from supper to see our mighty Colts had somehow lost?! Glad we went to dinner instead of staying to watch the end of the game.)

So… back to Monday. We lazily arose to have buffet breakfast at Topsiders. Then we returned to do some relaxed reading on our verandah, as it was FINALLY warm! As is typical on a cruise, we were soon off to Lumiere’s for an a la carte lunch. Kara had pasta and I had a burger. For dessert, I tried the strawberry crème choux, which was quite tasty, and Kara had the Peach Melba Sundae.


After lunch we each had a session to go to. Kara headed for wine tasting , while I headed to a seminar on innovations in Disney animation . It mirrored a lot of a book I am currently reading – very cool. Kara learned many things about ordering, evaluating, & choosing various wines – very informative! We then returned to the room considering a nap – lol! “Fame” was on one of the movie channels; Kara hadn’t seen it, so we just “rested” through it.


So remember Kara went to Trivia the day before & won? Well, my competitive spirit kicked in and we went to Trivia again today. Kara & I are a force to be reckoned with, so we of course WON! LOL! And no, it wasn’t all Disney-related questions.  On the way back to our room, we finalized re-booking future cruises, which had the additional benefit of requiring only 50% of the regular deposit. I booked a trip for my mom and Kara booked a “dummy date” for us that we will probably convert to a 2012 trip (hopefully Hawaii!). And yes, we are already booked for Alaska, May 2011. LOL!
Sunday was also our first night in one of the formal dining rooms (Lumiere’s), as we had room service on our first night. On these cruises you are always seated with one or more other families, thus we were concerned about getting “caught up” with our tablemates. Well, our missing the first night had a surprise benefit: we were assigned a table all to ourselves! As certified introverts, this was much appreciated. Our server was Wemick from India and Marcos from Chile; both were wonderful! Kara ordered sea bass that was simply wonderful – wished I’d ordered it. Theme night in Lumiere’s was one of my favorites, as I get two (yes two!) desserts: crème brulee and Grand Marnier Souffle! The Grand Marnier Souffle was far better than I had even remembered!

But anyway… back to Monday - again! We skipped the main stage show again. Tonight was formal night, and we had a reservation at the adult-only restaurant, Palo. In our sparkly dresses & wraps, we met our server, Tomas, from the Czech Republic. We were brought a variety of breads and dips. Kara ordered a shrimp & asparagus appetizer pizza, while I ordered one of the margarita-variety. We traded pieces and loved both. Next was a wonderful lime sorbet to cleanse the palette. For the main entrée Kara had basil-pesto shrimp salad and orange-roasted halibut w/ saffron risotto. I ordered my usual: lobster & mascarpone ravioli. Yum! For dessert, Kara ordered something, but it wasn’t to her liking, so they brought her fruit w/ a chocolate dipping sauce, which she proclaimed was her best dessert of the trip! I had my usual & favorite, chocolate soufflé! Although I would admit I thought the Grand Marnier one was better this time – gasp! As a finale, we were brought our dessert beverage – Kara’s favorite – limoncello. I don’t think I tried it last time, but this time – wow! I could have had a FEW of those! Looks like we might be making our own this summer & even playing with the flavors! ;)




And with that – Monday was done!

No comments:

Post a Comment